Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Best Tweets

First and foremost, I am not a fan of judging other people or their work. I looked at several tweets and I must say that it was hard for me to choose the best three.

Before I list the tweets that best represent good newswriting, I want to say that I think everyone did a good job considering this is a practice.

The first tweet that I like and that I feel demonstrates an understanding of summary leads and short reports is Ed A'damo's.


His leads fufill the following requirements of using an active voice and being clear as well as concise.

In addition, his short reports are two sentences long and it gives a fair elaboration of the story as he explains the how and why questions.


The second tweet that is executed well is Kierra Suggs. She like Ed uses an active voice and provides the most important information of the article into her tweets.

Furthermore, her tweets follow the sentence guidelines, which make her tweets informative and a easy read.

Last but certainly not least, is the third tweet by Carlos Valenzuela. I like the fact that he uses a three word quote as his summary lead for the football article.

I also believe his summary leads not only fit the character requirements, but it is also engaging.

It made me want to read the short reports and find out more. I think the ability to engage a reader is a crucial element to be an excellent writer.

No comments: